01 September 2006

Quick Update

Started Blackfive's book last night, The Blog of War. Got teary eyed through the first 33 pages. Would have read more but it was late, and I've had a lot going on. Don't know if I will have any time for reading the next couple of days. Don't know if I dare try reading it in public, if I was crying on just the first chapter.

Squidoo rank is now 2,707! Thank you all, keep clicking!

Fundraiser is still proceeding in spite of what Ernesto might bring. Current forecast is for rain all day Saturday but maybe passable conditions on Sunday for motorcycling. We're preparing for the worst but hoping for the best. I stopped by the VFW this evening where this is going to take place, and they gave me a card they had received in the mail. It was from a lady whose son-in-law is at Brooke Army Medical Center in Texas. He received one of the backpacks we are raising money for, as well as cards and letters from Soldiers' Angels, and she sent a donation. She lives in the next town over and must have read about this in the local paper!

Pillowcases have started arriving for the NY National Guard project.

That's all for now.

No comments: