16 October 2011

SSG Brian Cowdrey: "Who shall I send?"

Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

(KJV Isaiah 6:8)

February 2010 during Operation Moshtarak - Brian providing aid to wounded Medic Casey Morrison. (Brian said on his FB page at the time he shared this picture: This photo was taken by an AP embed named Brenan Lindsley... if there was ever a guy who could capture those telling moments it was him! Thank you Brenan for sharing our story!!)



Marjah (Brian on far left)

Brian gave his life two days ago as a dedicated US Army Flight Medic.

Here, here, here, (Part 1, with links to the others) and here.


I WILL have more later about this special man: devoted husband, father, son, brother-in-arms of all who had the privilege of serving with him, (and my 'nephew') - who humbled me by calling me his friend, but for now, here is video that Jake, one of Brian's sons made. I believe it is only the second video he ever made. Yes, the first was also about his dad, and I will share that another day....

Go watch the video Jake made about his dad, and read much more about this special Fallen Hero, here.

No comments: